dynamic stochastic synthesiser
"there are no shortcuts in evolution"
- Cosmosƒ Saturn7 is the engineer of sound art, the ultimate answer to computer aided sound design.
- Cosmosƒ is a real-time dynamic stochastic synthesis engine, which does generate complex sonic textures with various event distribution processes.
- Discrete sonic events of certain density are distributed in a time space with their onset time and duration parameter calculated with stochastic /deterministic functions.
- Each macro event defines the duration of a meso space, and the sub events are distributed inside it.
- The event distribution engine of Cosmosƒ is a hierarchical embodiment of multiple time scales.
Cosmosƒ is a tool for computer music and sound design.
- The user intervenes with the system by controlling the parameters for the sonic event distribution on meso and micro time scales.
- All operations are in real-time; the user can input a sound source on the micro level or access different type of synthesis and modulation generators.
- Cosmosƒ introduces a hierarchy of multiple time scales on the event distribution process + recursive audio feedback + complex modulation scheme constructed with stochastic/ deterministic functions.
- Cosmosƒ imagines the sonic being as a multi dimensional vector in space transformed in continuum.
- The composer continuously can vary it in the timbre space within the coupling of onset time/duration/density transformations with frequency, amplitude, micro-timbre and spatialization transformations.
- It is quickly possible to form complex sonic creations that cannot be handled by traditional synthesis methods.
truly using the computer for sonic calculation : the kind of which is impossible to do by hand.
Cosmosƒ Saturn 7 and Saturn7S
are the latest versions of Cosmosƒ. Available for OSX and Windows on VST3/AU 64 bit formats, and also in standalone version.
Stochastic Engine, a tremendous sonic calculation
- Cosmosƒ has a stochastic engine with highest precision delivering the distribution of micro and meso events inside a macro universe.
- 11 meso events and 11 micro events inside each meso event.
- Many distribution functions deciding the onset and duration of each event. ( uniform, gaussian, chauchy, lognormal, weibull, exponential, triangular)
- Powerful functions to control the time over the distribution process (clock loop speed, phase shift, rate divisions)
- Independent quantisation assignable to onset timing of meso and micro events.
- Unique, audio precision modulation scheme with 6LFO and 7LineGen’s for each micro event and 5LFO’s and 5LineGens for each meso event.
- Rich mathematical functions assignable as LFO waveforms with stochastic modulation possibilities on speed and amplitude. LineGens are Xenakian stochastic ramp generators.
Powerful Synthesis functions
- Micro and meso events have independent synthesis engines.
- Each micro event can become a monster oscillator with optional waveform, analog waveform, noise and 12 part additive synthesis.
- Additive synthesis capable of using sine waveform or sample (aif/wav) waveforms, each partial has controllable freq and amp parameter.
- independent resonant filters (LP,HP,BP,Notch, Peak and morphing Formant) for meso and micro events
- Unique Granular delay with many windowing functions assignable independently to each micro event
- independent Ring modulations for micro and meso events
- new sawtooth-triangle-sine osc. and plucked synthesis osc.
Preset morphing, sieve engine,convolution...
- unique Sieves engine, which makes it possible to calculate the known musical scales and custom designed ones for mapping to multiple synthesis engine parameters at once.
- Controllable transition between raw Cosmosƒ output and sieved output serving as a continuos morph between two states.
- offers a clever MIDI response mechanism to perform on Cosmosƒ micro events engine.
- including an audio precision arpeggiator with stochastic features offering a great sonic potential.
- stochastic preset morphing
- Parallel universes as a new paradigm in sound synthesis ! Cosmosƒ offers two macro event universes running in parallel.
- unique visualisation tools expressing the immense data flow, known as Cosmosƒ Art.