Cosmosƒ Saturn v3.1
dynamic stochastic synthesiser
The new version 3 brings the phenomenal dual macro events for each universe.
- Cosmosƒ is a real-time dynamic stochastic synthesis engine, which does generate sonic textures with a complex event distribution process.
- Discrete sonic events of certain density are distributed in a time space with their onset time and duration parameter calculated with stochastic /deterministic functions.
- Each macro event defines the duration of a meso space, and the sub events are distributed inside it.
- The event distribution engine of Cosmosƒ is a hierarchical embodiment of multiple time scales.
Cosmosƒ is a tool for computer music and sound design.
- The user intervenes with the system in real-time by inputting a sound source or accessing different type of synthesis and modulation generators and by controlling the parameters for the sonic event distribution on meso and micro time scales.
- Cosmosƒ introduces a hierarchy of multiple time scales on the event distribution process + recursive audio feedback + complex modulation scheme constructed with stochastic/ deterministic functions.
- Imagining the sonic being as a multi dimensional vector in space, the composer continuously can vary it in the timbre space within the coupling of continuous onset time/duration/density transformations with frequency, amplitude, micro-timbre and spatialization transformations.
- It is possible to form sonic creations that cannot be handled by traditional synthesis methods.
truly using the computer for sonic calculation : the kind of which is impossible to do by hand.
Cosmosƒ Saturn v3.1
is the latest version of Cosmosƒ. Available for OSX and Windows as VST/AU formats.
- stochastic engine with highest precision delivering the distribution of micro and meso events inside a macro universe
- 9 meso events and 9 micro events inside each meso event
- many distribution functions deciding the onset and duration of each event ( uniform, gaussian, chauchy, lognormal, weibull, exponential, triangular)
- powerful functions to control time over the distribution process (clock loop speed, phase shift, rate divisions)
- independent quantisation assignable to onset timing of meso and micro events
- unique, audio precision modulation scheme with 5LFO and 6LineGen’s for each micro event and 4LFO’s and 5LineGens for each meso event.
- rich mathematical functions assignable as LFO waveforms with stochastic modulation possibilities on speed and amplitude.
- introducing LineGens as stochastic ramp generators.
Powerful Synthesis functions
- Micro and meso events have independent synthesis engines.
- Each micro event can become a monster oscillator with optional waveform, analog waveform, noise and 12 part additive synthesis.
- Additive synthesis capable of using sine waveform or sample (aif/wav) waveforms, each partial has controllable freq and amp parameter.
- independent resonant filters (LP,HP,BP,Notch, Peak and morphing Formant) for meso and micro events
- Unique Granular delay with many windowing functions assignable independently to each micro event
- independent Ring modulations for micro and meso events
Preset morphing, sieve engine, surround sound ....
- independent event motion control in surround space.
- 2D mapping for 4ch and 6ch output and 3D mapping for 8ch. cubic ambisonic distribution
- unique Sieves engine, which makes it possible to calculate the known musical scales and custom designed ones for mapping to multiple synthesis engine parameters at once.
- Controllable transition between raw Cosmosƒ output and sieved output serving as a continuos morph between two states.
- offers a clever MIDI response mechanism to perform on Cosmosƒ micro events engine.
- including an audio precision arpeggiator with stochastic features offering a great sonic potential.
- stochastic preset morphing
- Parallel universes as a new paradigm in sound synthesis ! Cosmosƒ offers two macro event universes running in parallel.
- unique visualisation tools expressing the immense data flow, known as Cosmosƒ Art.